Department: Habitat for Humanity Store
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager, Shift Supervisor
Primary Office Location: Olympia or Yelm
Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Habitat Store Mission: The South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity Store is a non-profit business specializing in the resale of new and gently used building materials, furniture, appliances, and supplies to the public.
South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity was recently voted as the 2016 Best Nonprofit Workplace in the South Sound!
Our Mission is to:
Provide additional funding to serve more families in our community.
Expand opportunities to serve a broader base of the low-income community by providing low-cost materials.
Provide good stewardship of sustainable resources in the community.
Proceeds from the sale of donated items at the Habitat Store directly benefit South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity efforts to build, rehab and repair homes in partnership with low to moderate income families in Thurston County.
If you want to work for an organization that helps change lives’ then Habitat for Humanity is for you! As a Store Associate you are responsible for a variety of duties in the daily operations of the store. It is a vital role in providing an extraordinary staff, donor, volunteer, and customer experience. As a Store Associate you will be cross trained in order to perform various tasks throughout the workday as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive payment by cash, credit cards, or automatic debits. Maintain a high level of cash management for accuracy.
- Greet customers and donors entering establishments ensuring each receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with both staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrating leadership qualities and promoting a positive, safe and clean work atmosphere.
- Intake appropriate donations answering customer/donor questions, and provide information on procedures. Maintaining an awareness of scheduling needs of donation pickup.
- Stock merchandise paying attention to presentation, mark prices on shelves and items.
- Assist loading items for customers on the retail floor as-needed.
- Safely drive a box truck up to 20’ feet in length for the purpose of picking up donations, sustaining a clean driving record, reporting immediately to management anything that may jeopardize such record ---no CDL requirements.
- Other duties as needed.
- Have a commitment to the mission of South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must satisfy the completion of a background check and review of driving record per South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity policy, verification of business reference checks, and provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Willing to have a flexible schedule and able to work the hours needed to meet store needs.
- Ability to accurately and safely operate store equipment such as computers, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc.).
- Able to read, count, write and communicate effectively ensuring correct completion of all documentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills and an ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to organize, plan and prioritize work to completion.
- General knowledge of building and construction a plus.
- This is a vital role in the operation of our Stores, leadership skills a plus.
Spend a majority of the work day standing and being physically active.
Able to lift at least 75 lbs. With reasonable accommodations and adhering to safety protocol at all times.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license with a good driving record