Join the executive team of a local non-profit with a mission to build safe, decent and affordable owner-occupied housing for low income households!
South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Accountant for our organization. This position is full-time, M-F 9-5 with some flexibility in hours.
Benefits include: 75% of Medical; 50% of dental paid; 3% matching retirement; generous PTO; paid underground parking; professional casual work environment.
Starting salary range $40,000-45,000 DOE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily accounting functions using QuickBooks, to include AR, AP and bi-weekly payroll, including quarterly and annual payroll reports
- Monitor cash position on a daily basis and complete bank reconciliations
- Ability to record and reconcile numerous credit card accounts in QuickBooks
- Determine which funding source will cover specific costs, with input from ED
- Work with Construction Superintendent to assure that documentation for development and building costs are properly received, coded and recorded in QuickBooks
- Work with Store management to assure daily sales are properly recorded and file monthly, quarterly and annual excise tax reports
- Track grants and prepare vouchers, providing backup documentation as required
- Prepare all weekly, monthly and annual financial reports including needed ledger entries
- Work with other departments to prepare and monitor annual budget
- Keep executive management apprised of any concerns with revenue or expenditures
- Provide support for preparation of cost proposals for organization’s grant application efforts
- Provide support for audits
- Maintain strong internal control procedures as indicated by affiliate financial handbook, Habitat for Humanity International, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, assure that the organization remains in compliance with all federal, state and local financial regulations
- HR duties to include management of employee benefits
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Understanding of non-profit, retail and construction accounting principles and practices
- Superior proficiency using QuickBooks accounting software
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows desktop environment
- Enthusiasm, teamwork focus and strong service orientation
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Able to follow strict confidentiality rules regarding agency staff, volunteers and clientele
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and also be able to take direction
- Appropriately, professionally and respectfully interact with staff, volunteers, board members, sub-contractors, vendors and client
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years of experience in accounting using QuickBooks software, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Experience working with retail and construction accounts a plus
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Must satisfy the completion of a background and credit check per South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity policy, verification of business reference checks, and provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- Cover letter and resume are required.